Are you looking for cake making or cake decorating tools and ingredients from a cake shop in Vancouver? Look no further. Sweet E’s Pastries and Sweets has everything you need for your cake decorating needs. We have a variety of ingredients and tools which can help make your decorative cakes and desserts even better than they already are. Anything from cake tins and dessert moulds of every shape and size, to electric mixers, bowls, spoons, spatulas and pastry scrapers, we have everything you could ever need.
If you prefer to cook in silicon, we have that too. Or if you prefer something else like spring-form tins, you can choose from our selection. You can push your cake decorating into professional level by using professional-grade piping bags, high-quality fondants, food colourings, icing sugars, chocolate range and more.
Whether you are baking a birthday cake, wedding cake, engagement cake, or a cute cake in Vancouver for any other occasion, we can help you create something memorable.
Plus, having a variety of fresh and high-quality products will help you bake and decorate awesome cakes. Common ingredients that you should have stocked in your kitchen include:
- Cake flour
- Unsalted butter for baking and mixing frostings
- White granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar for frostings and icings
- Eggs, taken out to become room temperature
- Whole milk
- Pasteurized egg whites for royal icing
- Colouring gels in a variety of colours so you can create different shade frostings
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Flavourings and extracts
- Any edible embellishments like hard candies, chocolates, nuts, fruits, sprinkles, sanding sugars and nonpareils, plus marzipan for modeling
- Non Edible embellishments include things like candles and fresh herbs
If you find that you are running out of time, you can still make a cake that will impress. You can try some of these ideas as last-minute cake decorating toppings and methods.
- Try topping your cake using chocolate shavings or curls
- Group edible flowers like roses or daisies wrapped using ribbon to place on top of your cake
- You can use a stencil and sift some confectioners’ sugar or cocoa on top of your creation
- Decorate cake plates using sauces like hot fudge or raspberry puree, whatever will complement the cake the most
- Place some evenly spaced milk chocolate, butterscotch, cinnamon, white chocolate, or mint chocolate chips all over your cake to get a Swiss dot effect
- You can also try using hard candies, sour candy or jelly beans to help make some festive swirls, spell out someone’s name, make a flower, or form a geometric shape or pattern
- You can also create a tableau using some small fruits, or if it goes well with the cake’s flavour, you can use citrus fruits in a decorative pattern